|How to apply
Since we are very selective in hiring employees to ensure a good cultural fit (after all you spend more time with your co-workers than your significant other or family!) we are asking that you answer a few questions for us contained within questionnaire below.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, please e-mail your responses and resumé* to: ProductionCoordinatorQuestionnaire@Printablepromotions.com
Only those applicants that complete the questionnaire will be considered for a position!
*If you have already submitted your resumé then you do not need to do it again, we will match it up with your completed questionnaire.
A sound attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, a strong sense of urgency, moderate to strong assertiveness and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are the most important skills you’ll need to be successful at this job. Please, if you are missing these traits, do not apply.
We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience in a similar fast-paced office environment and a proven track record of getting results. This is not an entry-level position.
You also have the base to succeed at this job if you have a friendly, likeable, approachable personality (we can teach you a lot, but we can't teach you this!). You should also be self-confident, well spoken with a pleasant phone persona.
You will be working with a wide range of industry vendors ranging from small mom and pop operations to multi-million dollar conglomerates. Each has different systems in place for processing our client’s orders and keeping status on them. You will need to be patient, pleasant and on the ball to acquire the information you need.
When you communicate order and shipping statuses to our clients, you will be working with single employee entrepreneurs to publicly traded companies. Each relies on us to produce and deliver their orders for apparel, bags, drinkware, writing instruments, executive toys and more accurately and in a timely manner.
A basic understanding of business principles and how marketing, sales and operational success relate is necessary to achieve longstanding success in this role.
Ensure orders are produced accurately and are delivered on time
- Monitor orders that are “in production” with our vendors
- Track shipments and send confirmations to clients
- Troubleshoot and solve problems and discrepancies related to production and shipping
- Acquire discounts, re-dos, or other compensation for vendor errors
- Thoroughly document all interactions and accurately communicate pertinent information as needed
- Track and report various production metrics, and present them at monthly company-wide meetings
Some Office Management (Part Time, Shared Schedule)
- Shipping samples
- Receiving and distributing mail and shipments
- Answering phones
- Greeting guests
Sales and Management Team Support
- Complete special projects as requested, such as assistance with marketing mailings, getting shipping quotes, arranging messenger services, ordering food for meetings, or additional reporting.
What is not part of the job?
- Travel; all of your work will be done from our Chicago offices. No trips to O’Hare, no cab rides, no flight delays, no sleeping in strange beds.
- Long hours; while there will be peak periods where additional hours are required, we are firm believers in quality of life and that we should all “work to live” and not vice versa.
- Friendly, likeable, approachable personality
- Professional, well spoken with a pleasant phone persona
- “Customer First” attitude
- Tech savvy, PC/Windows proficiency
- Highly organized
- Self-confident, high energy, self motivated and quick thinking
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar fast-paced office environment
- Strong follow-up and follow-through proficiency
- Strong problem solving skills
- Critical decision making skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally
- Moderate to strong assertiveness
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to achieve and excel and continuously improve
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to type 40-50 wpm
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Most workweeks are 40-45 hours.
Based on qualifications and experience.
Printable Promotions offers individual health insurance and a discounted prescription drug plan with a leading health care provider.
All employees receive basic life insurance. The life insurance plan includes Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, which provides protection in case of serious injury or death resulting from an accident. Life, AD&D and worker’s compensation are fully paid for by Printable Promotions.
401K and Profit Sharing Plan
Printable Promotions employees are eligible to participate in our retirement plan that is a combination 401(K) and profit sharing plan.
Printable Promotions will make a matching contribution equal to one dollar for each dollar an employee defers not to exceed 4% of total compensation. Vesting of matching contributions (Printable Promotions matching portion) is immediate, without a vesting period.
In addition to the 401(K) plan, the company may contribute from year to year a discretionary profit sharing contribution as decided by the company’s board of directors.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive paid time off to cover vacation, sick and personal days. Accrual rates vary with years of service.
At the end of the calendar year, any unused days will be paid.
Employees also receive 1/2 day off on their birthdays.
Printable Promotions also provides eight paid days off in observance of holidays.
Years of Service Bonuses
Bonuses for reaching service milestones are distributed on employee anniversary dates beginning at 2 years of service.
Employees may purchase any of the products that Printable Promotions sells at a discount.
The Little Things
There are also the little things like reduced summer work hours, a visiting massage therapist, special lunch arrangements for the whole staff on employee birthdays - that make it easier to strike a balance between your work and your life.
Additionally, we offer personalized rewards tailored to individual employee tastes when reaching work milestones.
Start Date: Immediate
We are very selective in hiring employees in order to ensure a good cultural fit (after all you spend more time with your co-workers than your significant other or family!)